American Marine doesn't have any open positions at this time.
Positions Open in Dubuque
Positions Open in La Crosse
American Marine in La Crosse, WI is hiring for a Marine Service Advisor!
American Marine is seeking a highly qualified individual to fill an opening in their La Crosse, WI service department. The ideal candidate has a strong background in customer service, experience in the marine industry, and a willingness to embrace new challenges! Day-to-day tasks include talking with customers in store, over the phone, and by email; creating & updating work orders; placing & processing part orders and shipments; and meeting with product representatives.
Marine Service Advisor Job Duties:
- Looks up & updates customer accounts; checks customer balances; accepts and processes payments at the counter and over the phone; enters payments into Point of Sale software
- Ascertains boat & motor/engine problems and services by listening to customer's description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; verifying work completed & contacting customer
- Prepares work orders by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; enters work order into service database system (Dockmaster).
- Verifies warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; maintains boat records by recording problems and corrective actions planned
- Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return time; obtains customer's approval of estimates when needed;
- Works with the Service Manager to ensure a timely turnaround of parts needed to complete jobs; monitors, updates, and maintains retail parts inventory; orders and processes parts shipments; edits part codes and pricing in service database system (Dockmaster)
- Maintains professional relationships with corporate contacts and product representatives; upholds credibility and integrity with dealers, representatives, coworkers, and customers; seeks new contacts as needed
- Optimizes available time to organize and complete work within deadlines
· 3-5 years customer service experience required, in automotive/marine industry preferred
· High school graduate or GED required
· Computer skills: Microsoft Word & Microsoft Excel required, Dockmaster experience preferred
· Strong oral/written communication skills
· Ability to begin and complete both independent and team projects in a timely manner
· Ability to push/pull or lift up to 50 lbs; sit, stand, walk, kneel, squat, bend
For more information, please call Eric M. at (608) 791-3823, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org